Oracle Database Administrator(DBA) is responsible for monitoring space usage, starting up and shutting down databases, diagnosing errors, administering distributed databases and developing automated backup procedures.
Skills: Oracle DBA end to end support, shell scripting, performance and tuning, PL/SQL script creation and tuning, Oracle Architecture, New features of 12c
- Manage all database objects for distributed web application system.
- Be able to provide end to end DBA support system and application side.
- Analyze and resolve complex technical problems regarding the integration of object-oriented applications and infrastructure with relational database technology.
- Monitor databases and performs tuning enhancements to optimize their performance.
- Develop and maintain utilities to automate problem determination, change implementation, and monitoring activities.
- Participate as a team-member in data management strategies.
- Integrate data architecture with appropriate components of the extended enterprise, transaction factories, and the data warehouse.
- Participate in data-sourcing, import and data validation activities.
- Provide database change and release management.
- 5+ years of experience as an Oracle DBA
- Experience in Oracle performance tuning (SQL, database and system)
- Experience in Oracle system management
- Experience in Oracle Architecture
- Familiar with large multi-terabyte instance management, including partition management
- Familiar with OLAP data warehouse designs and concepts
- Knowledgeable in Oracle PL/SQL
- Experience with oracle 12c
- Experience with creating a physical data model
Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or Information Systems or
equivalent progressive experience in the related field